Thursday, August 2, 2012

Next Up Route de France

In preparation for my next big race, Route de France Internationale Feminine, I did a few local races in Belgium this past week.
Last year I was in Belgium with Team MTN Qhubeka and we raced a lot of these races.  It is nice to see my improvements technically, tactically and physically since then.  Looking at my SRM files after this race I had some new all-time best power efforts attacking and/or trying to stay away in a break which is always a good confidence booster.  In the end it was two of my teammates that ended up in the race winning break finishing 1st and 3rd.  Another great day in the office!  I am looking forward going into this next big race well prepared and in great form.
Apart from being great for racing, learning and training these races are also great for creating photo album memories J  Several great photographers show up at every race taking pictures along the route.  Here are a few of these pictures taken by Krist Vanmelle at the last race in Haaltert, Belgium:


Hard solo break effort for the day


Getting away from the bunch in a small break


Controlling the bunch for two teammates in a break up the road


Today we are travelling to the north of France for the 9 day Route de France Internationale Feminine (http://www.org-rc.fr/) that starts on Saturday.


No comments:

Post a Comment